Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Power still on in cabin, even though it's out across the west end of Ann Arbor
I arrived home to find the power still on. (Yay!) However, that isn't the case presently on the far western side of Ann Arbor. No trees downed on my ride in, either. However, since I came in from the side of the forest -- because I didn't want to continue cycling into heavy gusts of wind along Liberty Road -- I can't say that this is the case along the main road down to the cabin. I'll be checking that out tomorrow morning.