This morning, I awoke (kinda late) to the sound of machinery in the woods. "Odd..." I thought, but went outside to check out what it was.
What it was turned out to be the Bobcat with its shredder attachment that had been parked alongside the main road for the past few days. It turns out that one of the U-M Grounds people had come out today to mow down the edges of the extant roadway -- back to where it should be.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.