I really like these fall mornings: mist on Third Sister and the sun rising against the ever-more-ruddy far shore. Of course, with construction activities going on related to the larger management plan for the forest, the far-shore colors also have near-shore equipment that creates a somewhat jarring view from what was seen last year.
Of course, with the addition of a dock, one can get a little further out into that mist than before...
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.