I think that it's the earliest that Prof. S. Berven has come out to Saginaw Forest to set up his yearly spring frog survey on the frog pond. However, due to the non-winter we had this year, I saw him and two of his students slogging through the muck round the frog pond, resetting the low fence and setting the buckets.
This long-term frog survey is one more reason why dogs must be kept on leash.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.