Returning back to Saginaw Forest after a week in Arizona, I found no electricity. Turns out that the winds from (most likely) Friday felled a tree, which then pulled down the power line.
This morning, DTE came out to fix the problem, but I think that it might be a little bit too much for them to handle in one day, since they didn't yet have any poles on site. I guess that I'll have clean out the fridge and buy new food soon. Ah, well... it needed cleaning out anyway.
UPDATE: DTE was able to replace both poles and restore power by about 5:30pm.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.