Well, that was fast: the mosquitoes are out in force already. Perhaps the fishes, frogs, birds and bats haven't really cottoned on to the veritable insectoid banquet that they have molting and flying before them, but hopefully they will soon.
It's not too fun to do the rounds in jeans and a long-sleeve shirt (too hot) nor in shorts and a t-shirt (too buggy).
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.