The boardwalk was looking real grizzly and had started to feel kind of closed in and unpleasant. Went through it yesterday cleaning up the edges and picking up leaves and stalks that were forming large piles of debris. It looks great now, and feels wonderful to walk along. There's another tree down. Not big. I'll be headed over to it with the axe tomorrow morning.
Lots of wind today. We're a bit tired and chilly over here. Well, I'm chilly. The husky has his back feet stretched up to his chin and is sleeping on a pile of blankets. And my fleece robe. I don't have the heart to move him for it.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.