Use of the Forest

Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Mixed-Bag Morning

This morning we hopped a bit from job to job.

Task number one was taking care of a downed tree across the trail. I made quick work of it with the axe and moved it all aside. It was one of those really satisfying last cracks, where the last inch or so just totally ripped through with the final blow. After all the wind last night, I was fully expecting more than one to be down. I was surprised that this wasn't the case.

Next stop was the front gate. I've been wanting to work on the honeysuckle patch growing alongside the road. It is a huge obstruction when looking at oncoming traffic. I often find myself guessing if the road is clear and gunning it, so I can't imagine what it's like for anyone driving larger, slower vehicles out of the forest. I got a large chunk of it, though I'll probably be going back for more.

Finally, today there was a lot of trash about. I don't know if it was the wind or what. Either way, walked around and picked it all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment