Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.
Friday, May 8, 2009
Damnable galic mustard
The garlic mustard keeps growing and growing, even after you pull them... (Well, if one crushes the flowers, they don't seem to continue to reach for the skies...) Today I pulled a lot of garlic mustard and burned it in the fire pit. Although rather cathartic, there is acres of the stuff left. Luckily, though, it does cook to ash quite nicely.