After a complete fall-through-the-cracks yesterday with AT&T, a repairman came out this morning and diagnosed the problem as... the old DSL modem finally dying. Nothing with the major rain that happened. Nothing with wires somewhere underground between the house and the road.
So now I have a lovely new modem pumping out lovely interwebs.
Of course, I'm not terribly enthused with the level of service on AT&T's part yesterday: the repair guy apparently just returned the work order to the pool without even coming into Saginaw Forest to diagnose the problem, then I had to explain the situation (as I was experiencing it) three times to different AT&T people at various call centers around the US... Oh, well... At least it got done in the end.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.