This morning, I was heading out to Great Lakes Cycle & Fitness in order to partake in the National Cycle to Work Day. On my way out of the house, I looked out across to the lake, and saw dew on the grass and mist on the lake; the rising sun -- still screened by the trees -- highlighting the misty lake.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.