Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Stray or feral cat with litter
Encountered a stray (or possibly feral) cat with its litter outside the barn. Called the Humane Society, hopefully they will be able to send someone out to collect these felines. I'm not a fan of cats being let stray, especially in a forest where - as a top predator - they will have a massive impact on the songbird and small animal populations.