Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.
Friday, September 18, 2009
Clearing and mowing lawn
NW corner of the front lawn of the tall grasses and plants that had been left to grow over the entire spring and summer. After a lot of the dew had evaporated, I mowed this corner to about 5" in height, cleared the cuttings, and then mowed the entire lawn down to about 1.5". Total time: 4 hrs.