Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Last week, I found that the fuel line for the Toro mower was nicked, causing fuel to spill out as I filled the tank. (Damn.) I don't know if it was due to rodents or decay, but yesterday I fixed it by splicing in a section. Mower works fine, and the lawn was mowed in order for the PhD potluck this Saturday evening.