I've added a few more log entries from 1986. As it turns out, it's more of the same sort of things that are happening (have happened) here during the same times of the year.
If you have some memories or photos of Saginaw Forest from way back when (especially if you were a former caretaker), then please e-mail me and share some of those memories of days past, and with your permission they can be posted on the blog to be shared with others.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.