Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Setup and deliveries for the campfire
Trash bins. The bungee cords should help minimize the number of critters that can get to the trash...
Two portajohns get delivered; one with wheelchair accessibility.
Set up two saws for cross-cut sawing competitions. Perhaps we can have a one-person and a two-person competition...
Mowing the lawn one last time before the campfire celebrations tomorrow evening.