Use of the Forest

Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):

Monday, April 26, 2010

Management meeting

A sunny day... A little brisk out, but the sun should help keep me warm. This morning, I spent time working with the property committee discussing various things vis-a-vis data management in the forest. I learned that K. B. has many, many data layers of land cover of Saginaw Forest going back to the 1940s (and digitized land-cover layers). Then, in my own wanderings around the forest, I encountered many things indicating different studies going on in the Forest (and possibly from bygone days). The need for some standardized idea of the type, extent, and experimenters out in the forest - as well as the length of various studies - would make for a good addition to the types of data that the caretaker could be in charge of.

No comments:

Post a Comment