There's been some activities in Saginaw Forest with regard to maintenance activities. This is part of the new management plan that's been drawn up for the forest. Last year, 2009, leaning trees were cut down in order to minimize the risk of having one fall unexpectedly. This year, there's a good chance of a boardwalk going in on the east side of Third Sister Lake - connecting the north and south side of the lake, creating a circle route.
If you are interested in looking at the plan, it can be found here.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.