Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.
Friday, April 30, 2010
Working on mapping the forest (update 1)
The mapping process plods on -- slowly. At the property management meeting at the start of the week, I was introduced to the mapping project of the SNRE properties that is going on presently with Dr. Bergen, and I really would like to get my hands on some of that spatial data to ensure that I'm not doing the same work.