There's been wonderful weekend weather, and this has brought in a lot of new and returning users to Saginaw Forest. This has meant re-educating people as to the use of Saginaw Forest. Basically, it's not their property, and they need to follow the proper rules of use.
These include keeping one's dog leashed (not merely having a leash on the dog, allowing it to run free), and to recognize the open hours of the forest are from 6am to 6pm.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.