The work on the chimney tuckpointing is done. It took some time to finish it -- all morning. However, I think that it is well worth it. Hopefully, this will mean that there won't be so much water leaking into the loft area. Before today, the chimney looked like it was about to fall apart...
The guys also filled in some holes in the wood that seemed to be letting mice get into the loft area. Hopefully, this flow will also be staunched.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.