One of the three felled trees has been removed, thanks to the property management people at the University. Thankfully, too, they didn't bring in a wood chipper, which seemed to me to be redundant.
The other other two felled trees will have to be taken care of later, I suppose. The hanging-over-a-road pine possibly with a pole-saw. And the getting-ready-to-fall one whenever it breaks through the small Aesculus that is holding it up.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.