The winds on Saturday felled a few trees across and near the road. Normally, I would just cut those trees out, but these trees require more than I am able to do, either because it is in danger of falling further (after some other big wind event) over the road:
about to fall further over the road:
or too big for me to get by myself:
All three are near the bottom of the drive, so I hope that the university's groundskeeping staff will be able to cut them out (and leave the wood behind to break down slowly in the forest).
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.