The first stage of the Saginaw Forest management plan commenced this morning, with the clearing of an area on the shore for the installation of a dock and the clearing of brush along a new path from the cabin area out to the east. Tomorrow, there will be lumber coming on-site for the dock and bridge construction. In addition, there will be a silt-fence installed along the path.
Bridge and dock construction photos to come as they both proceed.
All activity should be done by October 15, to be usable by the start of the SNRE campfire celebrations.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.