This morning, there was a meeting out here in the forest with contractors who can put in bids for building the boardwalk, paths, and wee bridge that will connect the eastern path to the northern path.
The bids should be in soonish and the work should be starting in 2-3 weeks, and all of it should be done by about one month after starting.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.