Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Well... actually more like "trimmed" the lawn, keeping it on the highest setting and running over much of the semi-regularly-cut portion of the front lawn. The SNRE campfire is in a month, so I have to start mowing a little more often, in order to build up the turf a bit. It took about 30 minutes.