Use of the Forest

Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A walk in the woods

This evening, there was a lot of really lovely light as I went through the forest. I stopped briefly to take some photos.


Eroded hillsideEven the eroded hillside that people use to climb down to the main path looked good; high contrast really shows off those exposed roots.


IMG_3425
Sometimes, I am reminded that I am really quite lucky living out here. Being a visual person, I really was blown away by this sublime view of all the Virginia creeper creating a verdant carpet below the pines.


Long shadows
Reaching the east-west trail, I was presented with the long shadows of the perimeter trees, their trunks fading into the dark mass of the more interior depths of the forest.

IMG_3434

No comments:

Post a Comment