With the upcoming SNRE Campfire event, I'm increasing the mowed perimeter of the front yard, pushing it back closer to the tree line. Last year I didn't do this until about one week in advance of the event, and there wasn't enough grow-back to make the newly mowed areas pleasant.
In other news, I have to figure out a way to get rid of the vole/mole problem in the area...
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.