The snow is melting again, making it all muddy again. It was beautiful to walk outside this morning: the fog from the snowmelt was hanging heavy in the air.
Oh. Also got more water delivered. (No, I much prefer the taste of the Arbor Springs water to that of the very mineraly groundwater.)
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.