This coming week, there will be some activity in the open lawn are in front of the caretaker's cabin. PALL Life Sciences will have a contractor out to install another monitoring well. It is expected that a truck will be out on the property for five to seven days during this installation process.
Although this is not part of the greater management plan (which should be getting a start in earnest in a few weeks), it does tie in with longer-term monitoring activities related to the groundwater pollution in the area.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.