Last week, it was PALL collecting water samples from the front-lawn wells and the near-gate well in order to check for dioxane contamination.
Today, it is the University of Michigan's Occupational Safety and Environmental Health (UM-OSEH) services coming to collect cabin water samples for nitrate and coliform contamination testing.
Sometimes, the human industrial history of the region intrudes upon life more strongly than on other days.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.