Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Cold day today
Today has been a cold day: 25F/-4C at 2pm. There's a little bit of snow falling, but not enough to actually cause any problems. The wind's been steady and carries with it a bite of chill that pierces through you. I kind of feel sorry for the surveyor, having to stand in the cold for hours on end, just next to the totally exposed quarter of Third Sister Lake.