Hrm... More mice caught in the live trap. This time, I released them further from the cabin - in the creekbed. Again, one of the mice scarpered after being set free, and one hung around, making me wonder if these might be the same two mice as yesterday. Just in case these are the same two mice as yesterday, I'm thinking about tagging them somehow to see if they are returning to the cabin after I release them. However, I've set up the trap again. Let's see if I get two mice again tomorrow...
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.