I am now going through the entries from the caretakers who were here from 2006-2008. I am moving through those more slowly than the previous ones, mainly because they were more prolific writers (good job guys).
For some reason, there were several gaps between caretakers (1988, 1993-1995, 1995-1999, and 1999-2006). I just suppose that they weren't as interested in writing in a journal. (Truth be told, if it wasn't for the online nature of my writing, I would not be writing. Indeed, it even took me 3 months to start writing.)
Definitely the ability to use photos and video has given me more incentive to add my own touch to the history of Saginaw Forest.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.