Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.
Sunday, January 24, 2010
No new mice in the trap
Last week I forgot to check the live trap and after looking into it, I realized that there were two dead mice inside. Well... one dead mouse, and the heavily gnawed upon (and mostly eaten) remains of one dead mouse. However, after disposing of these two dead mice (and the dead mouse from the previous day) and washing out the trap, I have not caught any more mice. Perhaps the three mice that I threw out were the same mice that I had previously been catching over-and-over again. Hopefully, therefore, no other rodents are likely to find the way into the house that these mice used. I'm leaving the trap out, just in case. (Either that, or I used to have up to seven mice - the total number that had been caught.)