I noticed this morning the characteristic *ping-pang* of rain hitting the chimney cap of the gas stove. I had seen the weather forecast say that the rain was supposed to come down today, and had started a little earlier than it was supposedly going to happen. The weather forecast for the rest of today calls for possible thunderstorms, too! (If I hear that happening, I'll try and take some photos.)
The rain cleared off the remnants of the snow covering the (I'm sure) ever-shrinking layer of ice. The coloring of the ice is now a nice light gray-blue.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.